Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a better way to keep track of all of your passwords? Today, we’re going to explore a secure, easy method to keeping better track of passwords and increasing your organization’s IT and data security.
The Problem with Passwords
We all do it sometimes: go to a new website or service that requires us to sign up. It asks for a username and password, and we plug in our normal “TheDogAteMyThesis2022” password.
Here’s the problem: if this website or app is hacked and your password is suddenly open to the world, if it was used on more than one website or service, someone could get access to your accounts on more than one website quite easily. I hope your bank account is using a unique password!
There are three main ways to mitigate this dangerous scenario:
- Have a good password management system in place.
- The management system should tell you when one of your passwords is compromised.
- Use two-factor authentication whenever possible.
We use a combination of Keeper Security and Duo MFA to help our customers and partners solve the age-old problem with keeping track of passwords. Here’s how it works.
- We will work with you to get your password management accounts up and running.
- We’ll install the simple-to-use Keeper and Duo software on your phone and computer.
- Then, we’ll help you get your passwords migrated to Keeper and answer any questions.
Using Keeper is simple: just open your web browser or Keeper app on your phone, enter your password — the one password you’ll need to remember — accept the two-factor authentication prompt on your phone, and all of your passwords are there. Secure and waiting for your use. And these can be shared securely with your team, as well.
Want more information? Please reach out to us! We’re happy to help.